In general, you have two choices available to buy auto insurance: one is personal auto insurance, and the other is commercial auto insurance. Commercial automobile insurance is coverage for the company and the vehicles it owns. And it doesn’t necessarily have to cover the person who drives the car.
King-Berk Insurance Associates is an independent Philadelphia-area insurance company serving businesses in Philadelphia Pennsylvania and the neighboring suburbs, including Buck County, Delaware County, Chester County, Montgomery County and the Main Line. Our office is in Wayne, PA making it a convenient location.
Since 1955, we have built a quality reputation for being the best Philadelphia-area insurance broker. One customer at a time, we provide our clients with the kind of professional commercial auto insurance that can be hard to find in the insurance industry.
King-Berk Insurance Associates is one of the most reliable Main Line insurance companies. You can trust our insurance company to deliver professional, timely, and car insurance quotes.
You need commercial auto insurance if your business:
- Owns, leases or rents vehicles such as cars and trucks.
- Has employees who drive their own vehicles to conduct business.
- Has employees who operate company leased, rented or owned vehicles.
Commercial auto insurance provides coverage on the following vehicles classifications:
- Company owned private passenger autos
- Light-weight trucks under 10,000 lbs. gross vehicle weight
- Medium-weight trucks 10,000 lbs. to 20,000 lbs.
- Heavy-weight vehicles 20,000 lbs. and over
The following usage categories apply to commercial auto insurance rates:
- Service – When a vehicle travels primarily to one location for the day such as a contractor.
- Retail – If a person uses a vehicle for a retail business such as a florist.
- Commercial – Vehicles are primarily traveling most of the day but not connected with a retail business.
- Long Haul Trucking – Trucks primarily tractor/trailer traveling long distances.
In Pennsylvania, commercial auto coverage differs from personal auto in the following respects:
- Limited tort insurance isn’t an option, only full tort is.
- Stacking of uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage isn’t permitted.
Here’s optional coverage for commercial auto insurance:
- Non-Owned Auto – Provides liability coverage to the employer where the employee drives their own vehicle on behalf of the company.
- Hired Auto – Automatically provides liability and optionally physical damage to autos getting rented on a short term basis.
- Broad Form Endorsement – Extends liability to selected company employees and family members who drive a company owned vehicle.
Learn more about King-Berks Insurance Associates commercial auto insurance in Philadelphia and the Main Line and how it can protect your business and company’s assets.